This past week has been a whirlwind with activity in Pickens County. The first of the month is always busy with the goverment meetings and now adding original content to the site.
We did an article, photos and video on the Adult Detention Center (Jail) in Pickens County. It was really interesting and expect to do more feature articles on various duties of the Sheriff’s office as well as other interest to keep people ‘in the know’. We were able to video and photographi some of the officers with their Pepper Spray training and will get go to the taser training on March 29. Here is link to article: http://www.knowpickens.com/photos/adultdetention11.asp
Saturday night was Mardi Gras and KnowPickens.com was asked to take photos of people as the come in door and print them for sale at the end of the night. The proceeds went to the charities that hosted the event but many thought that we were profiting from it. It was stressful because of the setup and it took away from Mari’s fluttering. For those that left before they were printed, please look for your photo at the link below and we’ll get you a printed copy. http://www.knowpickens.com/photos/mardigras11.asp
The Know Fare Scavenger hunt is well underway and Mari Livsey went on North Georgia Now with Cherie Martin and Bill Siniard to talk about the event. The questions are harder than I thought since Cherie was unable to get one correct. We’ll start giving clues on Facebook later this week. We’ve yet to get the first entry. The video from the show will be available later on KnowPickens.com for those that missed it.
KnowPickens.com has created a scavenger hunt to find participating dining establishments in Pickens County. The hunt will last until March 31, 2011 and contestants with all the correct answers will be placed into a drawing for a ‘Know Fare’ gift basket valued at $500. The drawing will be held at the Pickens County Chamber of Commerce breakfast on April 12th.
Identify the locations by the clues below and submit the answers online here, fax the form to 706-692-1167 or mail to: KnowPickens.com, PO Box 1134, Jasper, GA 30143.
- What restaurant has the most TV’s and how many?
- Find this phrase and fill in the blank: “When life gives you lemons make _______”.
- Where can you find Johnny Appleseed?
- No car insurance here but there is a gecko painted on the wall.
- Find the smoking Scottish sight-impaired dart-throwing squirrel.
- The roosters are perched awaiting your entrance.
- Go eat and have a Moretti (if age 21 or older) with Mona Lisa.
- They ring a replica Titanic bell when things get exciting.
- A specially trained man’s best friend helps others ‘See’.
- This establishment had tables long before it was a restaurant.
- It’s not an illusion; the waterfall is actually moving in the picture.
- Don’t take the donkey because “We’ll call you a cab”.
- Take your veteran photo to add to their collection.
- Occupy your waiting time with their table tops.
- What color is the Chevrolet truck pictured in front of the original building?
- They have a frequent dining utensil program.
- Napa valley barrels are above the trees.
- The Purple Martin is their mascot.
- Sure-nuff hot here.
- You’re sure to catch a European buzz.
- This is how they ‘Roll’… with 26 of them.
- Find the suspended flat rolling a HOG.
- This really defines TV tables.
Download form and submit answers here – http://www.knowpickens.com/knowfarescavengerhunt.asp